About Me

My photo
I truly believe that in order for you to be successful, you must do what you are passionate about. I have a passion for business and it is my goal to create a place where people can go for ideas and also share their experiences. I have had the opportunity to own and operate my own business for a number of years and I am currently an M.B.A. candidate.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Manufacturing



























Great read about manufacturing on the Huffington Post. Manufacturing has been at the forefront of the news lately and everyone's prediction is that the U.S. will soon regain its stance of manufacturing supremacy. This particular article sticks out to me because it mentions how small businesses will be at the heart of this new manufacturing 2.0. It is in our nature as entrepreneurs to want to change things and seek out better solutions. We can get creative and take something, like a 150 year old factory, and turn it into a fully functional site.

Whether you own your own business or work for a company, it is without doubt that your time is valuable and scarce. That being said, if you have the entrepreneurial "bug", as I call it, you must find time to pursue your passion. Looking out into the future, as any successful person must do, it is clear to see that manufacturing will be apart of our lives. Take advantage!

2 comments:

  1. I like you thoughts and the article from the Huffington Post. From the inside there are opportunities right now, we are growing and getting ready for a move to a new much larger facility. Its an exciting time. One of the things I love, is we are actually exporting many of our goods, which really shows there is still a demand for the high quality American made products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from someone in the business. Do you see the need for bigger companies outsourcing manufacturing (to places in the USA)?

    ReplyDelete